What to Pack For Jamaica? Your
Checklist of Things to Take with You
What to pack for Jamaica
What to pack for Jamaica?
That’s a question I get asked all the time, especially by first-time visitors.
So I’ve compiled a checklist of items that you should take
This list is very important, and I suggest you go through it
carefully and ensure that you have all, if not most of these items as you
prepare for your trip.
Documents, Money and Confirmations
There are several vital documents that you will need, and I
suggest you keep all these documents in one place, preferably in your carry-on luggage,
handbag or purse.
- Debit/Credit Card (Inform your bank of the date you will be traveling to Jamaica and for how long)
- Driver's License
- Hotel Confirmation and contact information
- Car Rental confirmation
- Excursion Itinerary and confirmation
- Health/Travel Insurance cards or documents
- Emergency contacts and information
- Vaccination card (If necessary)
- Travel guides
NB. Please make 2
copies of your travel documents. Leave one copy at your home and take the other
copy with you on your trip (keep this copy separate from the original). This is
just in case you lose the original copy.
Personal Care Items and
Besides clothes and shoes, there are some essential items
that you will want to pack.
- Prescription medication and other medicine for
allergy, sinus, headache, pain, etc
- Sanitary products
- Contact lens
- Toys ( your child’s favourite)
- Gifts/Memorabilia ( From your home country for a
new friend or two that you may meet)
What to Wear? Clothing,
Shoes and More
Depending on the month you plan to travel, the weather may
slightly alter your clothing.
Hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30,
so you might experience a bit more rainfall than usual.
If you’re staying in mountainous areas, even the daytime may
be chilly. Among your things to carry, include:
- T- shirts ( a few)
- Dress shirts ( for dinner and entertainment)
- Shorts ( a few for the daytime and even
- Swimwear (most definitely)
- Hat ( to protect your head from the sun)
- Walking shoes
- Beach shoes (For climbing falls or going on
water adventures. some falls have shoe rentals at minimal costs.)
- Beach Bag
- Dress shoes ( You may need these for certain
- Sunglasses ( for those sunny days)
- Belt (especially men)
- Umbrella (small size)
for Entertainment and Business
Sometimes you only realize
that you’re missing your charger when your battery is low.
Don’t let this happen
to you in Jamaica, especially if your device’s plug requires a converter or adapter.
These items are must haves:
- Laptop and charger
- Cell phone (charger and memory card)
- Camera ( charger and memory card)
- Converter for charger ( especially UK travellers)
- Batteries ( rechargeable kit if necessary)
- Portable charge
- Small Travel lock
for Private Use
Every item in this category is important, especially for
women and kids.
- Dental Floss
- Lip balm
- Sun Screen
- Hand sanitizer
- Face wash
- Hair clipper
- Hair oil
- Razor Blade
- Shaving cream
- Nail clippers
- Q-tips and
- Eye drops
- Nasal drops
- First aid kit
Travel Packing List
for an All-Inclusive Resort
Every all-inclusive resort in Jamaica basically offers similar
Whatever is not offered in the room, can be purchased at the
gift shop on location.
Take these toiletries
- Toothbrush (some all-inclusive resorts offer the
small ones in the room)
These will be
provided at all-inclusive resorts at no cost to you:
- Wash rags
- Hand towel
- Bath towel
- Bathing soap
- Lotion ( If you are not picky)
- Coffee, tea, sugar
Remember to check with your airline to be updated on their
What you pack for your trip will ultimately depend on how
long you plan to stay, where you stay and the activities you plan to do.
I hope you liked my list. If you have any suggestions or
recommendations, please let me know.
Do you need a Jamaican visa?
How to find cheap tickets to Jamaica?